Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What is the best ionic, lightweight hair dryer?

Looking for an ionic, light weight hairdryer - I know all heat products hurt your hair, but I'm looking for the dryer that will keep my hair as healthy and split-end free as possible. If anyone has suggestions for brands, stores where I can buy it and also price it would be much appriciated - thanks so much!



What is the best ionic, lightweight hair dryer?

Revlon makes a nice ionic blow dryer. I got mine at Wal-Mart for about $18. It's red and has a pop-open back to allow for better lint removal.



The trick to blow-drying your hair without damaging it too much is to use the lowest setting (medium heat works the best) to actually dry your hair.



I usually do not dry the ends of my hair until totally dry -- I usually leave them just a tad damp. This will also keep the static down (of course, use the ionic setting on the dryer itself to help combat static). You should also try to use a product (if you have the texture of hair that will not be weighed down) that will protect your hair from the heat of blow drying.



I have very fine hair myself and I usually don't get split ends. If you are worried about split ends, make sure you use a good moisturinzing shampoo and conditioner (especially in the winter) and make sure you get your hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks.



Hope this helps! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment